I’ve visited the Loxley Valley so infrequently recently that I’m not sure I can really call it my patch at the moment, but it’s always the case after the nights draw in unfortunately.
I did get a trip out on Sunday, however. The highlights were:
- 50 + fieldfare on Loxley Road, and at least 2 x redwing in fields opposite Admiral Rodney.
- 63 x Canada Goose in fields by Old Wheel Dam, with 12 x moorhen (a good count for the area) and 3 x tufted duck on the Dam itself.
- A flock of 44 x black-headed gull touring the area and feeding in fields.
- A kestrel being harrassed by two magpies on Black Lane.
- A grey wagtail at the fisheries.
- A nuthatch on Black Lane, and another on Loxley Road near Rowell Lane.
- A grey heron in a field near Rowell Lane.